How do I know if my home was actually transferred into my trust?

In order to transfer title to real estate in California, a formal deed and accompanying documents must be recorded with the county recorder’s office in the county in which the property is located.  You should have received a copy of the recorded deed.  If you did not, you can search county records by assessor’s parcel number or property address to confirm that a valid deed was properly recorded. If you have concerns that your home may not have been properly transferred to your trust, consult an experienced estate planning attorney for guidance.