Unfunded or Underfunded Trusts

If you are administering a trust in California and you realize that some property may not have been properly transferred to the trust, the most important action you can take is to consult with an experienced California trust and estate attorney. We know how to prepare the necessary documents, including court filings, that may be necessary to make that property part of the trust or to otherwise allow you to administer it, ideally without requiring a full-blown probate.

With the growing popularity of DIY trusts and online legal help services, we are seeing an increase in trusts that may have been properly created but into which property was not fully or properly transferred. Without assets, a trust document is nothing more than an empty vessel. JDS Law, Inc. assists estate representatives in filling those gaps and ensuring that the trust fulfills the purposes for which it was created. If you have questions about properly funding a trust, please contact our office to schedule a consultation.